Management of Sydney City Marine (SCM) has been working hard to stay abreast of the very fluid situation being caused by the global COVID-19 Pandemic, including monitoring all communications from the World Health Organisation and NSW Health and how it will likely impact our facility over the coming weeks and months.
Our priorities are the health and safety of all who enter and work at our facility and to keep the doors open and the facility operating.
What we have done:
In the last couple of weeks, we have taken the following steps:
- increased the level of signage on site to assist the practicing of good hygiene by all.
- increased cleaning and sanitisation of our facilities.
- prepared our teams to respond quickly to any emerging situation to ensure the health and safety of all.
- increased our operating hours and created 2 non-overlapping shifts to reduce the number of personnel on site at any one time.
From the 23rd march SCM will operate in 2 shifts, the first from 05.00 to 13.00 and the second from 14.00 to 22.00, with the following arrangements:
- The high traffic and common areas of the site will receive a disinfectant clean between shifts.
- Personnel on the shifts will not have direct contact at any point in time and will not be allowed to change shift unless done by all and authorised by SCM Management.
- Sub-contractors will be asked to nominate a shift and can only change shifts if they have been off site for more than 14 days.
- All card access to the pedestrian and driveway gates will be disabled, including after hours.
- All subcontractors will be requested to sign in and out of the site using the sine app when accessing and leaving the site regardless of duration – please contact us at email@example.com and we can advise and help you set this up for your staff.
- Our staff and management will be continually monitoring and auditing the site access patterns and have been authorized to take a zero tolerance approach to any attempts to circumvent these controls.
What we require from you:
- respect and abide by the above 2 shift protocol.
- if you or your employees have recently returned from overseas travel, please ensure they self isolate for a minimum 14 days in accordance with the recent government directions before entering our site
- if you or your representative have recently visited our site and are suspected of having or are diagnosed of having the COVID-19 virus please notify us immediately
- where possible please consider utilising digital solutions to communicate with our employees
- when entering the site ensure you are aware of the 1.5 metre social distancing protocol.
- sign a declaration on entry to site to confirm adherence with the above points
Please remember we are taking these proactive steps in an attempt to ensure the health and safety of all on site and the continued operation of all our businesses.
Your co-operation in achieving these aims is essential and greatly appreciated.
Please feel free to contact me on (02) 8572 7800 to discuss the above, if required.